We Need Your Help!
The Santee Historical Society is interested in preserving as many items as we can find that represents the Cajon Valley, Cowlestown, and Santee plus the people that lived and/or worked here.
Our collection mainly consists of items donated from the people that have lived and worked here, and their descendants. (That may mean YOU!)
This is should give you an idea of what we are looking for:
- Documents – letters, postcards, deeds, wills, probate, old bills of lading, etc.
- Photographs of people or places, snapshots.
- Old videos
- Oral histories taken from first hand witnesses; written or recorded.
- Recorded conversations about life in the area.
- Property or historic items of value to Santee, California;
If you, a family member, or someone you know has any items that may be of interest to the Santee Historical Society please considering loaning or donating these items to the Santee Historical Society.
We will provide you a letter regarding your tax-deductable charitable donation. Contact SHS today!
Phone: (619) 449-2024
Mail: P.O. Box 710636 Santee, CA 92072
In Person – 9200 Magnolia Ave, Santee (in the old Edgemoor Barn)