- 2015 March
- Discovery Kids
- Drowning victims
- Edgemoor Barn
- High School
- March 2015
- native species
- San Diego County
- San Diego River
- Santana High School
- Santana HS
- Santee Elementary
- seed balls
Museum & Office Info
P.O. Box 710636
Santee, CA 92072
Please call for dates and hours open. We can accommodate groups with prior notice.
IRS Form 990 is available upon request in our office during normal office hours.
It’s time for San Diego River Kids Discovery Day. Join the Santee Historical Society, Project Wildlife, The Master Gardener Assoc of S.D. County, & The City of Santee Storm Water Program for a day of fun and learning!
…meet a wild animal face to face…
…make it rain (literally!) by trying their hand at modeling storms and seeing how storm water runoff affects local rivers and water bodies…
…examine River macro invertebrates under a microscope…
…explore a local history museum and try out the player piano…
…learn about water-safe gardening practices and check out a working vegetable garden…
….all in one place!
This event is an open house, so visitors are encouraged to drop by anytime.
• City of Santee Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program
• Santee Historical Society
• Master Gardener Association of San Diego County
• Project Wildlife
Age Recommendation: All ages welcome
Date & Time: Saturday, March 10, 2018 from 11am – 1:30pm
Location: Santee Barn (9200 N Magnolia Ave Santee, CA 92071
Click Here for a Google Map
We have been asked by one of our members why the Santee Historical Society is doing events that don’t seem to be related to Santee History. The answer is twofold:
- The events bring people into the Santee Historical Society Museum (“the Santee Barn”). These are people who ordinarily would not come to see us. Thus, new people are going thru the museum and seeing and learning about Santee History.
- These events are really related to Santee History. For instance:
- Our Monarch Butterfly event – Santee has historically been an agricultural community. Our city was originally full of Muscat grapes, exotic fruit trees, and award winning Guernsey’s, along with native milkweed. The Santee Historical Society is proudly continuing Santee’s tradition of excellence in agriculture by helping preserve the Monarch Butterfly and educating the public about the necessity and beauty of nature.
- Our Children’s Public Safety Event –
- The Santee Firefighters have been a part of Santee for a very long time. They began as a volunteer Fire Dept. During the Children’s Public Safety Event there will be information on the history of the Santee Fire Dept along with information needed by today’s children to remain safe. This is in keeping with the spirit of the Santee Fire Dept since its inception
- The Santee Sheriff Dept will be helping with the Bicycle Safety Event for our children. Bicycles have been a part of Santee since the 1900’s. The safety of our children has been a part of Santee forever.
Hopefully we have answered some of your questions about the relevance of our programs to the history of Santee. We are continuing to learn about our City’s past, present and future.
If you have suggestions to help improve our programs, increase our outreach, and can help us accomplish our goals, please join us on Tuesday mornings. We hope you will be a part of this learning process with us.